Fioricet contains Butalbital, Acetaminophen, and caffeine. A lot of other pain relievers contain Butalbital, Acetaminophen, and caffeine too.
I can only list some common over the counter medicines that contain Acetaminophen: Actifed, Alka-Seltzer, Plus Liquid Gels, Anacin, Cepacol, Contac, Coricidin, Dayquil, Dimetapp, Dristan, Excedrin, Feverall …
Some prescriptions that contain acetaminophen are: Ultrace, Fioricet, Oxycodone, Endocet, Tylox …
You also must know what drugs contain Butalbital: Bupap, Phrenilin, Tencon, Cephadyn; Fioricet, Esgic, Esgic-Plus; Fioricet with Codeine, Floricet with Codeine, Phrenilin with Caffeine and Codeine; Axotal; Fiorinal, Butalbital Compound, Farbital, Idenal; Fiorinal with Codeine, Fiorinal with Codeine III, Ascomp with Codeine, Fiortal with Codeine.
When you take more than one pain killer, you must read very carefully about their components. Never exceed the max dosage of acetaminophen and butalbital of all the medicines you are taking. Normally All the packages sent to you have the drug introduction and doctor names and phone number. Read the drug introduction very carefully and never share the medicines with your sisters, your brothers, your parents, or any friends. Always do not let the children touch the medicines.
Please donot drink any alcohol (Ethanol) with your Fioricet Because Ethanol together with acetaminophen will cause serious side effects that affect your liver, and Ethanol together with Butalbital will cause side effects of dizziness, drowsiness.
Please don’t take herb while you are taking Fioricet. Even Vitamins will have some interaction with Fioricet.
Be honest to place the current medicines you are taking in the health questionnaire form. The doctor will check whether you are OK to take Fioricet. If they think your current drugs or herbs have some interaction with Fioricet, they will phone you to discuss the situation with you. So please always leave us the correct phone number. We will never call you to promote you anything.
Does Fioricet Interact with other Medications?
These medications are not usually taken together. Consult your healthcare professional (e.g., doctor or pharmacist) for more in formation.
- SEDATIVE HYPNOTICS; ALCOHOL/SODIUM OXYBATE
- XANTHINE DERIVATIVES/DIPYRIDAMOLE INJECTABLE
These medications may interact and cause very harmful effects. Consult your healthcare professional (e.g., doctor or pharmacist) for more in formation.
- THEOPHYLLINE DERIVATIVES/CIMETIDINE
- SELECTED ANTICONVULSANTS; BARBITURATES/CONTRACEPTIVES
- STRONG CYP3A4 INDUCERS/ARIPIPRAZOLE LAUROXIL SUBMICRONIZED
- SELECTED BARBITURATES/SELECTED ANTICONVULSANTS
- SELECTED BARBITURATES/LAMOTRIGINE
- SELECTED BARBITURATES/ESLICARBAZEPINE
- SELECTED BARBITURATES/CARBAMAZEPINE
- STRONG CYP3A4 INDUCERS/TRABECTEDIN
- STRONG CYP3A4 INDUCERS/FLIBANSERIN
- STRONG CYP3A4 INDUCERS/QUETIAPINE (> 150 MG)
- STRONG CYP3A4 INDUCERS/TOLVAPTAN
- STRONG CYP3A4 INDUCERS/SELECTED IMMUNOSUPPRESSANTS
- ACETAMINOPHEN/SODIUM FUSIDATE
- XANTHINE DERIVATIVES/ADENOSINE; HEXOBENDINE; REGADENOSON
- BARBITURATES/SELECTED ANTICOAGULANTS (VIT K ANTAGONISTS)
These medications may cause some risk when taken together. Consult your healthcare professional (e.g., doctor or pharmacist) for more in formation.
- SELECTED BARBITURATES; SELECTED HYDANTOINS/QUINIDINE
- THEOPHYLLINE DERIVATIVES/LITHIUM
- SELECTED ANTICONVULSANTS/ESTROGENS
- SELECTED XANTHINE DERIVATIVES/FLUVOXAMINE
- ACETAMINOPHEN/SELECTED ANTICOAGULANTS
- STRONG CYP3A4 INDUCERS/SELECTED ANTIPSYCHOTICS
- SELECTED ANTICONVULSANTS/FELODIPINE
- BARBITURATES; HYDANTOINS/THEOPHYLLINE
- CYP3A4 INDUCERS/DOXYCYCLINE
- SELECTED CYP3A4 INDUCERS/CORTICOSTEROIDS
- BARBITURATES/SELECTED BETA-BLOCKERS
Fioricet (acetaminophen / butalbital / caffeine) alcohol/food interactions
There are 6 alcohol/food interactions with Fioricet (acetaminophen / butalbital / caffeine)
Fioricet (acetaminophen / butalbital / caffeine) disease interactions
There are 25 disease interactions with Fioricet (acetaminophen / butalbital / caffeine) which include:
- liver disease
- acute alcohol intoxication
- drug dependence
- liver disease
- respiratory depression
- cardiac disease
- liver disease
- adrenal insufficiency
- hematologic toxicity
- paradoxical reactions
- bipolar disorders
- psychiatric disorders
- psychotic disorders
- renal dysfunction
- seizure disorders